This is a super simple recipe and the zucchini adds SO much moisture so you aren’t left with a dry piece of meat. I top it with a sweet glaze that caramelizes in the oven, which adds a nice balance to the meatloaf. It’s perfect sweet and savory combo! You can use any ground meat of your choice. For this specific recipe, I use ground chicken but it would be good with turkey or beef.
I found that baking it in a small baking dish or loaf pan allows the juices to infuse the meatloaf better, rather than spread out onto a large pan (like the one I chose to use for my video up there…oops!)
Let’s get to it!
Soy Glazed Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1 large zucchini grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp hoisin
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate zucchini and drain all excess fluid using paper towels, kitchen towel or cheesecloth.
- Add zucchini to remaining meatloaf ingredients. Mix to combine in baking pan, lined with parchment paper.
- Top with glaze and spread out evenly. Bake for 30-40minutes, or until fully cooked in center.
- Allow to sit about 5 minutes, slice and serve!
There you have it! It’s super simple and even more delicious! I serve this with some sesame seeds on top, with roasted sweet potato and green beans on the side!
You can also add a little drizzle of soy sauce for added flavor, or serve it with some fresh herbs such as scallion or cilantro!
However you do it, make it how you love it and I hope you enjoy!
Lots of LOVE,