Depending on where you live, you are either preparing for Snowmagedon 2017, or maybe just preparing for another normal day. Those of us on the East Coast are, as my friend put it, hiding out with all the milk & bread.
Speaking of, can we update the foods we hoard when it comes to extreme weather? Why is milk and bread THAT thing?
I much prefer to be snowed in with coffee, some sweats and salty treats. Maybe even…TACOS!
These tacos came about because I was getting kind of tired of the same old chicken recipe, plus I have barely used my slow cooker ALL winter.Here on Love&Grub, we have lots of poultry recipes and that’s honestly because that’s mostly what I eat!
Chicken is a good go-to protein in my most humble opinion – its versatile and it’s easy to cook with once you know how.
This recipe has only 5 ingredients (plus salt& pepper)!
You get a smokey crust from all the spices, a mild sweetness from the bell peppers, and all topped on a corn tortilla with sour cream, hot sauce and cilantro…it is HEAVEN!
Plus, it makes so much so you can meal prep it for the whole week!
Let’s get to it!
Slow Cooker Smokey Pulled Chicken Tacos
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Slice bell peppers and place on bottom of slow cooker.
- Place chicken breast on top and add seasoning blend: smoked paprika, garlic powder and poultry seasoning.
- Rub in seasoning to fully cover chicken breast and season with salt & pepper.
- Set on low for 6 hours. When chicken is done cooking, shred chicken using two forks and toss in juices on bottom of slow cooker.
There you have it!
Super easy! When the chicken is done, it has a nice crust from the seasonings plus all the juices from the chicken and bell pepper add some moisture back in.
Serve it like I did, with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt, some hot sauce (of course!) and some fresh cilantro on top.
You could also squeeze some fresh lime juice for freshness, add a cabbage slaw or some lettuce for crunchiness and bam…Taco Tuesday is all set!
However you do it, make it how you LOVE it!
Lots of LOVE,