This creamed spinach chicken (maybe) one of the favorite things to make.
I initially got a recipe very similar to this from a Trader Joe’s frozen salmon package. I made it with salmon and didn’t really care for it, but the creamy spinach sauce that came from it tasted amazing so I knew I had to try it with chicken.
Best. Decision. Ever.
This is a very versatile. If you don’t eat chicken, you can easily replace it with any protein or simply use the creamed spinach recipe.
We first ate this with spaghetti squash, but I’ve also made it with pasta and couscous.
It’s delicious in every way and you won’t be mad that you tried it.
It has some tanginess from the dijon, creaminess from the cream cheese with tons of savory notes from the Worcestershire, spinach and spices. The feta ties this beauty all together.
If you don’t have Worcestershire at home, you can probably replace it with soy sauce.
Let’s get cooking!
Creamed Spinach Chicken
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 1/2 cup low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp half&half
- 2 tbsp softened cream cheese room temperature
- 2 packages of 10oz frozen chopped spinach defrosted, drained
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed (using garlic press)
- 1-2 tbsp dry white wine
- Pinch of cayenne, smoked paprika & black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast about 1 lb
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt&pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with salt&pepper. On medium-high heat, warm the olive oil in a saute pan. Begin to sear the chicken on both sides, until mostly cooked.
- While that is cooking, you can defrost the spinach in the microwave. Put it in for about 1 minute, break it up, and continue in minute intervals until it is no longer frozen. Drain when finished.
- In a medium size bowl, add the dijon, Worcestershire, cream cheese, smoked paprika, pepper, cayenne and chicken broth. Whisk until evenly blended. Add the spinach and stir.
- When the chicken has finished cooking, remove from pan and set aside. Reduce the heat to medium.
- In the same pan, add the garlic. Cook about 20-30 seconds, until fragrant (careful not to burn) and add the wine. Stir and let reduce about 1 minute.
- Add spinach mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken back into the pan, reduce to the heat to medium-low and cover.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and the sauce has reduced.
- Serve with crumbled feta on top!
You can serve it as such, or with any grain/side you please!
Make it how you love it and as always, I hope you enjoy!
Lots of LOVE,