I made this rice totally on a whim and it became a total FAVE instantly.
We bought some frozen riced cauliflower to try it out and I noticed we grabbed the roasted garlic one. I almost always will mix my cauliflower rice with actual rice, so I thought why not add them together with some soy sauce and see what happens?
Cauliflower rice has gotten very popular these days and while you may have seen me advocate using it as a substitute for rice at one point in this blog journey, these days – my tune has changed.
The reason being – the more we restrict ourselves from the foods we want, the more we are going to want those foods. Ultimately, it sets us up for a restrict then binge cycle. So if you are craving rice, but decide to opt for a substitute like cauliflower rice, you may not get the same satisfaction you were looking for. That’s where the preoccupation sets in and then when you finally get your hands on it, it feels like you can’t stop eating the rice (or whatever the food might be!) The image below does a good job of showing how dieting keeps us trapped in this diet/binge cycle.
So basically, what I am saying is, eat the rice, if that’s what you want to eat.
When I buy riced cauliflower in the store, I will always mix it in with something else. However, I do really love the texture of riced cauliflower that I make on my own. It’s fluffy! In this case, I may use it as a part of my meal but I would just add another grain because your girl needs her carbs!
Now back to this INSANELY GOOD rice recipe – buying a frozen pre-riced cauliflower is the perfect addition for fried rice and it adds SO much flavor – the key thing here is that it is roasted garlic flavor. If not, you will definitely need to add some garlic.
Let’s get into the recipe!
Easiest 5 Ingredient Fried Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 oz bag frozen rice cauliflower roasted garlic flavor
- 2 cups cooked rice I use Uncle Ben's 90 second rice
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 egg
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium-high. Add frozen cauliflower into pan. Can add a little olive oil if it begins to stick. Feel free to take out a few of the garlic seasoning cubes if you want to do less garlic flavor.
- After cauliflower has mostly defrosted in the pan, add in cooked rice and olive oil. Mix to combine and let cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Make a small hole in the center of the rice mixture. Add in egg and scramble in the hole. Once egg is mostly cooked, mix into the rice mixture and add soy sauce.
- Let the rice crisp up on the bottom a bit and then serve!
There you have it! The easiest, tastiest, 5 ingredient fried rice.
This would be great with other add ins, such as mushroom or spinach! Feel free to add proteins in there as well. Chicken, shrimp or tofu would be fab!
However you do it, make it how you love it!
As always, lots of LOVE,