When I first developed this this recipe, I wanted an easy way to make breaded, baked tenders without having to make an egg wash, dredging station, etc. Not that it doesn’t make things taste delicious, it just always makes kind of mess and lots of dishes. Plus, I was tired of going through all of that and getting dry chicken.So I tried it with a few different dips and sauces, but ultimately…you can never go wrong with buffalo!
Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup hot sauce i use Franks
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate chicken tenders in hot sauce, garlic powder and cayenne pepper for 4-6 hours. If you don't have time, 30 minutes to an hour should do the trick!
- On medium heat, in a small pan, heat up olive oil. Toast panko bread crumbs until golden, stirring often. Set aside to cool.
- After chicken finishes marinating, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season with small pinch of salt and ground black pepper. Dip tenders in bread crumbs on both sides and bake 15 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve with dip of choice!